Converting to mp3

stef9000 10:47 27 May 03

Hi Guys n Gals

Im using nero 5.5 with the latest drivers and i noticed it car'nt convert to mp3 but will copy mp3.

Bearing in mind im using xp pro is there a good easy to use and most important FREE program out there for me to use.

Any ideas!

Thanks stef

pj123 10:54 27 May 03

I use a programme called WISMP3 (very good)which I got free a long time ago from a cover disk on magazine PC Utilities.

Don't know whether it is still free or not though. Try typing WIS into google and see what you get. If I can find the disc I could do you a copy?

-pops- 10:55 27 May 03

There are loads and loads of MP3 converters available. Just enter MP3 converter into Google and you will be deluged!!.

A point about writing MP3 files with Nero. Write them as data files NOT audio. Nero converts MP3 back to WAV if you use audio writing.

leo49 10:57 27 May 03

click here

Can't beat dBpowerAMP Music Converter.

pj123 11:04 27 May 03

Can't find the disc but found the Mag. PC Utilities Issue 5. No date on the Mag. but WISMP3 is listed as "Freeware".

stef9000 11:09 27 May 03

cheers goin to try leo49 link.

i'll let u know how i get on cheers all.

scotty 12:27 27 May 03

CDex click here

Excellent for converting music CDs to MP3. It even checks web sites to get track names etc so that MP3 files are appropriately named.

leo49 12:57 27 May 03

Actually,although I rarely use it for conversion,Nero does rip from CD to a large variety of file formats,and also does convert files already on your HDD[accessed via The Extras/File Encoding... Tab].

Regards

stef9000 13:16 27 May 03

I've downloaded dBPower amp and works a treat.

Im currently rippin all my cds now which is gonna take me all day at the least but nevermind ive got nothin else to do. lol

Leo49 u can convert with nero but have to buy a plug in.

Cheers stef

leo49 13:19 27 May 03

I forget that mine's a soupped-up version with all the plug-ins complete with fluffy dice and go faster stripes. :o)

stef9000 13:19 27 May 03

and it also as id tag3 which is also on the sony mp3 stereo im buyin for the motor so i'll even know the name of the songs RESULT!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…