converting a midi file to a cda file

jiovhyn 13:46 27 Jan 05

Have recorded midi files from a keyboard onto a floffy. Wish to record to a CD in cda format. How?

AndySD 14:34 27 Jan 05

You may well find your cd burning software will give you this option.

Peverelli 15:09 27 Jan 05

Have you saved the files using the *.mid format?
If so ...

" A midi file does not contain any music. It has instructions that 'tell' a midi enabled player (midi keyboard, software synth etc.)what to play, so if you want to burn the music to a cd you will have to record the sounds made by the midi player (either to your hard disk or to tape), turn it into a *.wav file and then you can put it on a CD.

Type "tape to CD" in the search box to see other threads about how to record from tape to CD. "

(from a previous thread I answered) :-)

jiovhyn 21:40 31 Jan 05

Understand that Midi file is instructiob to play music as recorded from midi instrument (ie my keyboard). Recording is onto a floppy. Floppy is copied to hard disk - still as midi file. MS media player will play file but will only save as another midi file. It seem clear I need a conversion program to convert to WAV file. I have programs (from earlier PC Advisor disk) that will record WAV file to CDA. But how do I get to WAV format?

ACOLYTE 21:46 31 Jan 05

This should do it click here

Terry Brown 21:53 31 Jan 05

The simpliest way would be to set up your recording software, open the midi file to play and hopefully it will record it as music, otherwise play the midi file, save to Audio tape hen reload it back as a wave file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac