Converting file types.

The Teacher 21:46 24 Jul 05

I use click here to download the Elvis albums that are provided on there for free. The songs play through Real Player and are in the .rm format.

There is a particular song that I would like for my Nokia 6680 telephone as a ringtone, however, when I try to download to my phone I get a message saying basically it couldn't be done. The reason appears to be, despite the fact that the Nokia has Real Player built in, that it only accepts files of the the type .mp3 or .acc, there are one or two others as well but I cannot remember them.

How can I change the .rm format to a suitable format for download? I object to paying for a ringtone when I have them for free anyway.

Could I also download direct from CD?

Many Thanks

The Teacher

Completealias 22:02 24 Jul 05

You can use this program here click here to rip the tracks from your cd to a mp3 file and then transfer them to your mobile.

Sorry but I don't know of a program for converting real player files

mammak 22:06 24 Jul 05

The Teacher paying might be good! cause if you needed a pint of milk you wouldnt just walk into your corner shop and take it would you,just because you could!!!

The Teacher 22:10 24 Jul 05

I see your point Mammak but I object to registering with a site, getting charged a fortune for text messages at £1.50 per text, plus operators standard charge, just to have a ringtone that I, in many formats, vinyl, CD, the web, already possess.

The free ringtone sites are rubbish, I have had a look for the one I want and it sounds nothing like.

The Teacher

The Teacher 22:11 24 Jul 05

Thanks, Completealias, will have a look at it.

The Teacher

Completealias 22:17 24 Jul 05

No problems I agree with you if i've already paid for the track on a cd etc then why shouldn't I be able to transfer it to a device that I own

joyringtone 14:42 31 May 06

Try the Joy RingTone Converter:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…