Converting DVD to mp4 audio out of sync

superhoops 22:51 07 Nov 07

Hi all
I have been attempting to convert some of my music dvd's to mp4 to have on my new ipod. I have tried several different programs- A1 dvd ripper, Plato dvd pro, Roxio media creator, and Any Video Convertor. The results are the same with all of these programs - video fine but audio is out of sync by between 1 second and about 10 seconds making the resulting file useless. Any ideas? I have defragged. Thanks

you could try this one
click here

superhoops 23:10 07 Nov 07

Thanks. Am downloading now, will be able to try tomorrow night. Will report back then. Cheers

FatboySlim71 23:25 07 Nov 07

I use the program that is in Raven's link and it works great.

I had on occasions experienced "out of sync" whilst converting video clips for my mobile phone. I found that increasing the FRAME/SEC to 15 on the program in Raven's link usually does the trick. Since doing this I have not had any such problems.

superhoops 07:25 09 Nov 07

Hi. Think it must be my computer playing up rather than the programs. Tried the program in your link with same result. Tried Plato DVD to Ipod converter with the same result. Think I will have to give up. Strange thing is I have successfully transferred some dvds to MP4 in the past for my son's PSP. Dont know whats going on now.

superhoops 09:07 09 Nov 07

Now realised that it is not just converting dvds that causes this problem. ave just tried, as a test, to convert a standard video clip to mp4 and that also results in the audio out of sync. Any more ideas? Thanks

Wak 09:20 09 Nov 07

The FREE Porgram Virtualdub has a facility for curing the sound sync problem.(listed under the Audio tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos