Converting dvd

WesNeary 09:55 14 Jul 05

Does anyone know what program i need to use to convert .avi files to a dvd so i can watch in my normal dvd Player(this player does accept rw discs). Also when i have the program what format do i convert it too.

Cheers for your help

timeteam2004 10:01 14 Jul 05

click here

TMPGenc is what you need. However the mpeg2 codec is licenced and is not free.If you buy the full version you will be able to make mpeg2 (DVD) if not you will be stuck with mpeg 1 (VCD).

TomJerry 11:03 14 Jul 05

two step are involved (1) encoding: convert avi to mpeg2 (2) authoring: put mpeg2 into dvd format and structure

for (1) NO free software can be found becuase mpeg2 is not free (2) all major burning software package has limited function such as Nero and Roxio, NTI.

It maybe a better idea to get a single all-in one video editing program such Ulead Videostudio click here, it does a good job, it is not expensive, and you can get a 30 days fully-working trial to test out click here

EARLR 14:19 14 Jul 05

I use Nero, It came with my lap top and works fine but a little slow.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:26 14 Jul 05

free Avi2Dvd v0.3.0 Beta at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…