Converting down from USB 2.0 to 1.1

wilcorker 09:42 02 Jul 10

Hello

Sounds crazy, but I need to convert 1 port only on my Dell PC (Windows Vista) from USB 2.0 to 1.1. Can I achieve this by changing settings on the PC or buying an adaptor/converter?

Long story as to why, but I have experienced some problems with a device connected that I believe can be resolved by doing this.

Hoping you can offer some advice.

Thanks

Wil

MAT ALAN 10:18 02 Jul 10

They are backwards compatable so i would suggest it is another issue...

or

The actual BIOS setting is called "OS Installation". The "Finished" setting turns on USB 2.0, "Started" setting locks USB at 1.1. This affects all USB ports though, so it's not possible to mix and match 1.1 with 2.0 via BIOS.

Audio~~Chip 10:19 02 Jul 10

There is no way to change USB 2.0 to make it change to USB 1.0 USB 2.0 will if given a USB 1.0 revert down by default.

You will be best asking us in the forum and telling us what the problem is with the device in question for us to help you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 02 Jul 10

You can do it temporarily in windows.

Go into device manager under the heading USB, disable the drive that says something like "Enhanced USB 2.0 driver"

You can re-enable it when you have tested your device to see if it's sorted the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…