Converting a .doc file into jpg

NewestRoyWidd1 18:05 13 Feb 09

Hello,a cousin has sent me a photo that she scanned into a Word file as a .doc,is there a way that I can convert it to a jpeg so it can be altered using either Irfanview or Photoshop please?
I opened the file using MS Word Viewer,no real hurry for replies because I'm off to work soon until tomorrow morning.I'm on XP Pro sp2.
Many thanks in advance,NRW1

woodchip 18:08 13 Feb 09

Don't think so, it will be part of the page

Technotiger 18:10 13 Feb 09

You should be able to right-click on the photo and choose to 'save as' then choose .jpg and save in My Pictures.

NewestRoyWidd1 18:19 13 Feb 09

Technotiger;I tried that thanks but it can't be done,perhaps you are right woodchip,but I'll check for more replies-if any-in the morning,many thanks though for your prompt answers.
NRW1

Technotiger 18:26 13 Feb 09

Yes, sorry about that, having re-read your post, I would not have made that suggestion. I was thinking more about photos in emails, not scanned into documents.

Fermat's Theorem 18:37 13 Feb 09

copy the doc file and insert it into PowerPoint, do whatever cropping and trimming you need and then save that slide as a jpeg.

Hope this helps :-)

Technotiger 18:40 13 Feb 09

Or, thinking alone the lines suggested by Fermat's Theorem, you could use FastStone Capture to do a screenshot of just the Picture. FastStone will automatically save the picture to your My Pictures in jpeg format.

Eric10 18:50 13 Feb 09

Similar idea to Technotiger.
Open the document and zoom the page to a size where the photo looks good then use a free screen grabber such as MWSnap click here to capture just the photo. If you are going to work on it I would recommend saving it as a .tif or .bmp as these are "non-lossy formats" then you can open it in your graphics program and do what you like with it. You can save as a jpeg after you have finished with it to reduce the file size.

Technotiger 18:55 13 Feb 09

This is an example of what I mean by doing a screenshot with FastStone Capture ...

click here

Technotiger 18:58 13 Feb 09

PS - click on the pic to enlarge it.

Technotiger 19:00 13 Feb 09

PPS - you can then right-click on the pic and save it in the normal way, in your My Pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…