Converting DBX files

bruno 16:57 26 Aug 06

My Hotmail storage is getting full with kept e mails.They are also stored on Outlook Express,but are stored as DBX files.Does anyone know of a free programme for converting them into a readable format?The other choice for me is to export them to another folder elsewhere on the computer,but they will still need converting I think.

GroupFC 17:33 26 Aug 06

I don't know of any programmes that will make a .dbx file (datsbase files) readable.

However I regularly copy the .dbx files to a new location before deleting old e-mails and have used OE viewer from click here to open the .dbx file and read an old message.

If you go to that page and click on "more info" under OE reader and then scroll to the bottom of the new page you will find a link to download -MiTeC OE Viewer 1.2 (Freeeware).

HTH

Stuartli 17:33 26 Aug 06

OEView allows you to read .dbx files:

click here

If you can't find them use the Search facility and also Enable it to search hidden files and folders.

If you create a folder to house them in My Documents with a Desktop shortcut you can transfer the .dbx files found to it.

Stuartli 17:34 26 Aug 06

If I've accidently deleted a wanted message or messages I use OEView to copy and transfer them individually to an OE message panel(s).

GroupFC 17:57 26 Aug 06

Great mind think alike - that is exactly the prog. I was referring to (but from a much more easily accessed link!)

bruno 19:48 26 Aug 06

Thanks for the replies.I found that viewer after I posted and I will now have a go at using it.The reason I wanted to clear my storage space on Hotmail is that I have a years worth of golf tips and nearly 500 jokes I did not want to lose.I can forward them individually but it will take forever.I hoped someone would have an easy way to do it.

bruno 08:02 27 Aug 06

I have managed to read individual messages ok in OEVIEWER,but when I locate the folders in Identities I cannot get them to separate into in single messages.Am I missing something?

porridge 21:08 27 Aug 06

Have you had a look at DBXtract.com. That really works and allows one to read the individual files.

Porridge

bruno 08:08 28 Aug 06

Thanks Porrigde,I will have a look at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…