converting cine film into a digital medium

spartan 16:33 18 Jan 03
  spartan 16:33 18 Jan 03

Hi does anybody know if it is possible to convert cine film into a dvd via a pc?

-pops- 16:42 18 Jan 03

It is most certainly possible to do but it requires expensive equipment and is not a DIY project if you expect anything like decent quality. If you look in the back of camcorder/video magazines you will find companies that will do it for you.

spartan 16:51 18 Jan 03

Thanks pops, I will have a look in the mags you reccomend.

spartan 16:51 18 Jan 03

Thanks pops, I will have a look in the mags you reccomend.

Diemmess 17:55 18 Jan 03

I did it with a borrowed gadget which allowed a borrowed analogue video camera to film the integrated screen in the gadget. This was recorded on a video cassette and could then be transferred to the computer as any video can be.

-pops- is right. The original cine was home stuff and much the same quality as the video camera, and I stopped with it on a cassette.

To take it as far as DVD - there is going to be a large bit of expensive software needed and paying someone else to do it is bound to be cheaper - if you are not going to make a habit of it!

spartan 19:05 18 Jan 03

thanks for the input guys.

'Kinell 12:29 19 Jan 03

These people might be able to help?
click here for their website, although there is no advert for this service on the website just ask them and I'm sure they'll help out as they converted a video to DVD for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…