Converting CDs to MP3

peter t. 11:08 08 Dec 05

Iam trying to convert some of my music into MP3 format,I have tried to use Windows Media but it tells me I hav'nt got an MP3 encoder ? Is there anything free that I can use instead.
I'm using XP/sp2.
I would also like to creat my own ringtones from my music ?

Diodorus Siculus 11:17 08 Dec 05

SourceForge.net: CDex 1.51
click here

This is good and fairly simple.

Diodorus Siculus 11:18 08 Dec 05

click here for download page

Wak 14:56 08 Dec 05

"CDnGo" is also a good free ripper to MP3 from click here

Wak 15:16 08 Dec 05

Sorry, this is a better link to Cd'n'Go
click here

GaT7 16:54 08 Dec 05

If you need a music convertor (as against a ripper) try dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) click here. It's one of the best I've used - easy to use & versatile (it can rip, batch convert, record, create/edit ID tags, add DSP effects & has the freedb feature).

Initially it's free (for 30 days), then you'll need to pay a small amount (about £8/US$14) to retain some of it's features when they expire, like the MP3 encoder licence & 'Power Pack'.

Audacity click here, is completely free & will convert to MP3. The new beta version apparently supports batch conversion (see the 'Other features' at click here). Don't forget to install the free MP3 Lame encoder click here. Audacity needs a bit of 'learning' so make sure to check out the FAQs click here & Help pages click here.

The free AudioGrabber is s ripper with some added features click here. G

SurfMonkey _#:@} 17:50 08 Dec 05

click here this will convert in multiple batches and it converts wma to mp3 if you rip your cd with windows media player 10

Alan2 18:20 08 Dec 05

Added to "My Postings" for future reference.

jimmer409® 19:27 08 Dec 05

click here find this very good

peter t. 15:03 12 Dec 05

What a clever lot you are. I am learning so much from you experts.Thanks.

JoeC 15:35 12 Dec 05

Go to this French site:-

click here

Download the

fichier ra-codec12.zip (883 kb)

and open it. Double click

setuplc3.exe

to get MP3 capablities in WMP.

Also, on the same page,download the

MP3.reg ( highlighted in red)

file then double click it to edit the registry for you. Check WMP and you should see that you now have MP3 listed under "Format".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…