Converting Bookmarks to Favorites automatically?

Lemur 16:06 09 Jun 12

Hello, I have used the 'Favorites' system for over 10 years (via Talk talk) and have grown used to it and have found it most satisfactory. However, I am now trying to use Google, which admittedly seems to find more sites, but when I try to save a web-site I am met with 'Bookmarks'! Is there a way to automatically save these as 'Favorites' please, so that I do not have to look in two places for my web-sites?

Many thanks,

Lemur 16:23 09 Jun 12

Just checking as "Posted 13 minutes ago at 4:06PM" seems to have frozen and no replies yet received!

Woolwell 16:26 09 Jun 12

Are you now using Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer? Chrome and Firefox use bookmarks (it is only really a name change) and store them slightly differently. You can import IE favorites into Chrome.

john bunyan 16:27 09 Jun 12

I use IE 9 as a browser with Google as a main search engine. However Favourites are stored via the IE9 toolbar. With the site you want to keep, open - go to the star (favourites / history) logo - top right between Home and tools. If favourites tab is in use there is a "add to favourites" option. Save it and there you are.Not sure where Talk Talk comes into it. (I use it as an ISP)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5