Converting AVI to MPG

KCR 10:03 28 Mar 03

This is an ongoing saga for me. I have tried using TMpegEnc with some success (no sound) and more recently Nero Vision (which crashes at the end of the 4 hr encoding, despite having forked out £20 for the MPEG-2 codec). I have also tried using Ulead Movie Factory and it works but the sound is out of sync -noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Can anyone advise what steps I should take to cure the sync problem caused by using Ulead Movie Factory ?

Thanks for your help,

Kristen

MichelleC 10:19 28 Mar 03

There's no audio/video out of sync probs with Video Factory: click here

Also, when using a utility like TMpegEnc it's best to separate the audio/video file/s and then copy from different locations to prevent out of sync.

KCR 10:36 28 Mar 03

Hi Michelle,

Is this the right link ? Unfortunately there is an out of sync problem with Ulead Movie Factory - I have checked the original avi and that is fine but the encoded mpeg is out of sync

MichelleC 12:16 28 Mar 03

No, what I meant was a few dv editing suites have out-of-sync probs, like VideoWave etc., but some Pinnacle and all of Sonic Foundry's (VF) suites are rock solid.

If you're importing into Ulead and after render it's o-o-s then try using TMpegEnc but with separating the audio/video files, then importing from different original sources.

You could try EO-Video click here

I've used this to convert avi files to mpg without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…