Converting AVI to MPG

KCR 10:03 28 Mar 03

This is an ongoing saga for me. I have tried using TMpegEnc with some success (no sound) and more recently Nero Vision (which crashes at the end of the 4 hr encoding, despite having forked out £20 for the MPEG-2 codec). I have also tried using Ulead Movie Factory and it works but the sound is out of sync -noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Can anyone advise what steps I should take to cure the sync problem caused by using Ulead Movie Factory ?

Thanks for your help,

Kristen

MichelleC 10:19 28 Mar 03

There's no audio/video out of sync probs with Video Factory: click here

Also, when using a utility like TMpegEnc it's best to separate the audio/video file/s and then copy from different locations to prevent out of sync.

KCR 10:36 28 Mar 03

Hi Michelle,

Is this the right link ? Unfortunately there is an out of sync problem with Ulead Movie Factory - I have checked the original avi and that is fine but the encoded mpeg is out of sync

MichelleC 12:16 28 Mar 03

No, what I meant was a few dv editing suites have out-of-sync probs, like VideoWave etc., but some Pinnacle and all of Sonic Foundry's (VF) suites are rock solid.

If you're importing into Ulead and after render it's o-o-s then try using TMpegEnc but with separating the audio/video files, then importing from different original sources.

You could try EO-Video click here

I've used this to convert avi files to mpg without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…