converting avi files?

dfghjkl 23:53 06 Aug 04

hello all,i am just playing with my new toy.i have just tried to burn a dvd of some avi videos i have on my hard disc.i am using nero 6 (oem)
when i am selecting video files to burn it wont show up because it doesnt have a file name ending it recognises for video,it will burn as data but i could do that with my cdr,but when i change nero for video files it shows an empty file.
so how can i change them so the avi file is recognised?
any free software better than nero?

Night Ryder 00:01 07 Aug 04

Not sure I understand but if you are trying to make a DVD that will play on a domestic DVD player you must first convert the files to mp2 DVD format.

dfghjkl 00:43 07 Aug 04

ok that sounds good to would i go about this?i did try with nero but no joy.thanks,peter.

dfghjkl 11:12 07 Aug 04

that is what i want to do,can anyone help please?

thms 11:34 07 Aug 04

Try here they are all free click here

You can not burn to dvd using nero with out the mpeg-2/dvd plug-in which unfortunately you have to pay for.

dfghjkl 00:16 08 Aug 04

thanks thms,i will give it a go.priceless info as usual,pc advisor to the rescue.

ZEROTOLERANCE 01:21 08 Aug 04

idont advise using the boilsoft shareware converter, unless your gonna pay for it, it leaves a bloody annoying watermark through your movie, [as do 90% of the trials, the others only let you do 15 mins converting or so] although what you need is an avi to mpeg converter, i dont think your gonna find one thats freeware, ive looked an looked, in the end i paid 12 quid for the boilsoft lite converter, but i dont rate it much,

i would advise dl'ing a few of the shareware trials see which one You prefer before parting with the credit card.

hope it helps

dfghjkl 22:27 08 Aug 04

i had a look at the boilsoft software but i had problems with it.i converted it to what i thought was dvd only to find i could not view it,only hear it.i then read up and found i needed more software to finish it off in order to use nero.i downloaded the file ifoedit but am having problems with it recognising the files.any more help would be appreciated.can i buy a nero plugin?thanks,peter.

stalion 23:33 08 Aug 04

try this it is free click here

Night Ryder 01:21 09 Aug 04

If finances will allow "Adobe" Encore DVD will do the job. This is the software I use ... not cheap however.

Tree3 01:53 09 Aug 04

if you can get hold opf nerovision 2 for nero6 that will convert the avi file into dvd format either stored on the hard drive or straight onto a dvd, i have used it in the past and it works well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…