converting Analog camcorder Avi to DVD

woodchip 13:58 06 Jun 04

I would appreciate your help and your experience on converting Analog camcorder Avi files on to DVD disc. I have looked at a commercial DVD and note that the file attributes are Bup and Vob is there any way of making I DVD disc with the same attributes. I have several DVD authoring program’s and managed to make one by capturing from TV card a Avi picture and converting to Mpeg and playing on one of my DVD players.
Also what resolution did you capture that will play good picture at full screen on TV

stalion 14:24 06 Jun 04

hi a tv capture card is exactly what you need.What authoring software have you got?.Regards

georgemac 14:32 06 Jun 04

I tried a capture card once but was very disapointed with the results.

A mate of mine has just purchased a dvd recorder for just over £200, which will replace his video recorder. He connects either his video camera or video recorder output to the dvd recorder via the s-video output, and simply records straight onto dvd disk.

This is the option I am going to take, and am tempted to buy one now but am going to wait until the winter, because I di not want to ebd up staying inside fiddling with this all summer (which I would) and also think that the dvd recorders may soon be released as dual layer recorders, and even if they are expensive, which I do not think they will be, this will mean a price drop on exisiting single layer recorders.

Once I have the video on dvd, I then hope to edit it on the pc, splitting it inot chapters with titles etc.

click here= this is the one my mate bought after reading a lot of reviews

stalion 14:47 06 Jun 04

if you have not got sonic mydvd have a look at the spec on this link click here it will automatically burn avi to dvd after you have made your movie.Also the best capture format is svideo 320-240,capturing in avi format is the best quality but the files are larger than mpeg2.

woodchip 14:50 06 Jun 04

I have an old Hauppauge WinTV PCI card Got Honestech DV plus 2.00 Also NERO 5 and Version 6, I Can capture Avi but it wacks up a lot of disc space for short movie, but when converted to Mpeg 1 or 2 it cuts the file size right down

woodchip 14:50 06 Jun 04

Also converts to VCD and SVCD

woodchip 14:56 06 Jun 04

As anybody used Pinnacle Studio version 9 and what have you found with regard to the program

stalion 14:58 06 Jun 04

best to capture to mpeg2 if you can then, if you have a up to date dvd player most now play svcd, which you can burn to cd's cheaper than dvd's but the quality on svcd is not as good as dvd.Nero will burn mpeg2 to dvd

stalion 15:08 06 Jun 04

if you can have a look at the help section on pinnacle it is not pretty reading

woodchip 15:17 06 Jun 04

Just checked on google it does not look good but some one recommended Ulead Video Expression. I created a SVCD and it worked on a new TVDVD combi but want to get a full DVD going

stalion 15:24 06 Jun 04

as I have put in the earlier post if you can capture in mpeg2 format nero will burn it to dvd or mydvd will also capture in different formats and is the only software on the market that allows you to edit your dvd's after you have burned them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…