convert to Wrod doc

fakir 19:10 10 Feb 05

I've downloaded a book page containing some diagrams as a GIF file. How can I convert the page to a Word doc so as to print the text in a normal type font.

csqwared 19:30 10 Feb 05

Not sure if this is what you mean but if you open a Word document and on the Toolbar at the top go to Insert/Picture/From File. Point the window that opens to the location and filename of your stored GIF and click Insert. The image will be inserted into the document and can be resized etc. to fill the page and then you can print as normal. Hope that helps.

cc

fakir 15:42 11 Feb 05

I know how to do this but what I want is that when I print text fromt the GIF image it appears fuzzy and not clear as normal printed text is. Is there a way to convert GIF text to normal fonts?

FelixTCat 17:37 11 Feb 05

The only way to convert it is to use OCR (optical character recognition) software. This takes a picture and looks at the shapes within it and tries to identify which is letters and which is pictures. It often comes free with scanners and it may be possible to download free trial versions if you only have one file to change.

Different versions differ in the grapics files they can use; you may have to conert the file to a format it can read, eg jpg or tif.

Accuracy of conversion depends on the quality both of the original picture and the software but they usually run a basic spell-check afterwards and highlight unknown shapes.

john-232317 17:43 11 Feb 05

Go back and download it as a text file. Then you will have the diagram and the text.

fakir 19:00 12 Feb 05

Thanks guys.

FelixTCat 19:02 12 Feb 05

You're welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac