Convert Word to PDF and retain page size

Sea Urchin 19:50 PM 08 Apr 12
Answered

When using either Cute PDF or PrimoPDF my Word document loses its custom page size, and becomes A4 size in the resulting PDF. I have tried adjusting the Printer Properties (page size) to the same custom size, but although it accepts the change it still reverts to A4.

Where am I going wrong please?

wiz-king 21:06 PM 08 Apr 12

Have you set the document size in Word to the custom size?

Sea Urchin 21:49 PM 08 Apr 12
Answer

Thanks wiz-king. Yes, it is set to the custom size in Word. I've tried Googling this problem, and have found various suggestions from the makers of PFD conversion software. But also comments from many people saying that these methods don't work, which now seems to be my experience.

Sea Urchin 21:38 PM 09 Apr 12

Managed to sort it by using Adobe Acrobat Professional to create the PDF file. Unlike the other programs it retains the page size of the original Word document when converting to PDF.

brambles 18:08 PM 10 Apr 12

Sea Urchin - why not download from Microsoft their convert to PDF in Word, it is added to the drop-down list in the Save as menu.

Brambles

Sea Urchin 18:21 PM 10 Apr 12

Thanks brambles for that thought. Unfortunately still using Word 2003 which won't accept the download. But as I said above all sorted now, and on its way to the publisher.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…