Convert Word files to Quark Express?

david.nvr 22:18 04 Jan 03
  david.nvr 22:18 04 Jan 03

An organisation that I am involved with often receives articles for its magazine in the form of Word files.

The magazine is produced by an outside firm using Quark Express and they manually re-type the Word documents into Quark for publishing. This takes time and can lead to transcription errors.

Please does anyone know of software that will convert Word files to Quark Express?

DieSse 23:14 04 Jan 03

Ask the outside publisher what type of files they would prefer. They may simply want text files, which they can import into their system.

They would not be expecting you to give them Quark Express files directly - DTP programs don't work like that.

brianthesnail 07:27 05 Jan 03

This indicates a lack of expertise of your "outside firm". The should be no problem importing a whole host of file types into Quark Express, including Word.

Brian

brianthesnail 08:06 05 Jan 03

Look on page 2 of the Quark Express brochure:

click here

Brian

brianthesnail 08:10 05 Jan 03

The link doesn't seem to work. Go to the Quark express site click here click on features and download the pdf file. My point is made on page 2.

Brian

brianthesnail 08:32 06 Jan 03

I note you have ticked the resolved button.

I would be interested to know your response.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…