Convert .wmv video to playable DVD?

Diemmess 12:43 25 Sep 10

A downloaded .wmv file from iPlayer.
I would like to burn a DVD of this which can be watched on DVD facility of a TV

How do I make the convertion and burn please?

MAJ 13:37 25 Sep 10

DVDFlick. click here

Diemmess 14:51 25 Sep 10

Thanks MAJ I'm sure you are right.
Funnily enough I found this for myself with a forum search (2005), but failed to download a copy that wasn't corrupt/o.o.date.

Your link works fine but my attempt to install on a drive with enough space reverted to C: which
doesn't have 9G spare!

Will try installing once more to a roomy drive and keep this thread open for the time being. Other duties call!

eedcam 15:34 25 Sep 10

Ahem!How you going to get round the DRM

woodchip 15:40 25 Sep 10

Convert to Mpeg using this click here

MAJ 17:10 25 Sep 10

....DRM might be a problem, Diemmess. DVDFlick and Nero will encode the video on burning if you get around the DRM issue. Super click here (bottom of page) will convert just about any video file, if you want to go that way.

Diemmess 18:38 25 Sep 10

A serious thank you to everyone for the help so far.
Now I have both the conversion and DVD flick progs installed.

But (DFlick) shows obscure colours in the thumbnail not the first scene as with other wmf files.
The converter says "Files reading error Please check your files!"

Am I wasting my time (and yours) because of a a copywrite block (DRM ?) or am I just not setting things up properly?

MAJ 18:47 25 Sep 10

If, when you open DVDFlick, you click on 'Guide' at the top of the window, it will guide you through creating a DVD, Diemmess, but DRM will foil your efforts, if it's there.

eedcam 19:21 25 Sep 10

If flick is not showing it its the drm I'm afraid .You could just burn the file to a dvd as a data dvd but even that will self destruct after the viewing limit is reached.Not saying it cant be done Ahem! but tis illegal oops swallows hard again

Diemmess 09:59 26 Sep 10

Thank you to every poster.

The answer seems to be that BBC of course has protected its product and there is no legitimate way to make ones own DVDs willy nilly.
Illegitimate methods are for the desperate or dishonest or those nerds who just see any barrier as a challenge however tortuous the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…