Convert WMA to MP3 using Window Media Player?

Roy* 15:38 15 Apr 08

Downloaded tracks on MSN but they are wma, my son needs them to be MP3 on his phone.

The software I’ve down loaded to convert to MP3 won’t do it as they are protected files from MSN.

You can rip MP3 off of CD’s and convert them to the format you wish using Windows Media Player. Is there some way of converting wma to MP3 using Windows Media Player?

K_elt 19:37 15 Apr 08

Try under Tools>Options>Rip Music in WMP. You can choose the location and format to save in from there. Might still get trouble doing this if they are protected.

You could always try saving the files while they are being played if you have a soundcard with software to record directly from the source or via the "what you hear" setting. Check your card manual if you have one installed.

MAT ALAN 19:55 15 Apr 08

click here

You can't without a third party prog...

Roy* 10:23 16 Apr 08

I tried Tunecab last night but the trial version only converts first 90 seconds, but at least it shows it works so maybe I’ll have to buy it, not sure how much?

I’ll have a look at the Switch freeware as described by Dave Taylor but I’m guessing it may have a problem with protected files?

These pay for download sites don’t exactly encourage us to do things legally, it would be a lot less hassle for me to just download the tracks that he’s bought on MSN using something like Limewire in MP3 format………

K_elt 13:31 16 Apr 08

click here

Might be of some help.

sapphireking 08:12 20 Oct 08

If you want to convert the protected WMA to mp3 or other formats you may find such music converter on google or other download websites. And here I found a specialized DRM converter with good quality.
You can free download it to have a try.
click here
It can convert DRM WMA to MP3 and other audio formats including m4a, ac3, aac, wma, wav, ogg, ape. And extract audio track from DRM WMV and play the original video music on different players such as iPod, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen, Archos etc.

jbaker65 08:17 20 Oct 08

Surely Audacity will record it as you play it in wmp and then export the recording as mp3.

eedcam 08:33 20 Oct 08

As said use audacity if youhave'nt gotit get it here and remember to get the mp3 plug in allfree
click here

eedcam 08:34 20 Oct 08

Though it does mean you'll have to record in real time

musicholix 02:55 27 Sep 09

there is also a tutorial for you, see How to convert WMA to MP3 at click here using Eufony

click here

Stuartli 15:20 27 Sep 09

..however, I had a similar requirement a few days ago in that I had to convert .wma files to MP3 for a mate.

Not something I normally do, but a hunt eventually turned up Free CD to MP3 Converter:

click here

It did the .wma to MP3 conversion OK, although I made the error of not altering the MP3 bit rate from the Default 128kbps to 192kbps the first time and had to do the files conversion again.

However, it's otherwise very intuitive to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…