Convert Video VHS to DVD

steviekill 11:08 24 Oct 03

Please can anyone advise me on what is the best software to convert my VHS video onto DVD. I need some sort of compression software as the files are too big to fit on a standard 4.5GB DVD-R.

Please all advice is welcome.

click here for loads of useful advice.

pj123 12:53 24 Oct 03

Also keep your eye on this previous thread click here some useful information there.

y_not 08:26 25 Oct 03

You say that the files are too big to fit onto the DVD - I am guessing that these are AVI files?

Once you have authored them (via DVD editing software (e.g. Studio 8) or conversion software (e.g. TMPGEnc) the "altered files sit in a folder named VIDEO_TS (created by the software) these files are very much smaller and readable by your DVD player.

Using Nero to burn, just drag the VIDEO_TS contents into the corresponding folder supplied by Nero and thats it!

Warning - the conversion from AVI to VOB (the files in the VIDEO_TS folder) takes time and resources......many hours sometimes. Shut down anything you don't NEED running and forget the idea of "Multi-tasking" during the conversion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…