Convert Video to DVD

ob1ie 14:37 16 Jan 05

I am trying to convert some wedding videos to DVD. I have winxp, 1GB Ram, 250MB Hard Drive, AltonXP 2500. I am using Ulead VideoStudio 7. I bought a TV card, can't just remember its details, but when I try to capture at MPEG2 it performs an error. It only seems to work at very low res. I talked to the helpdesk and they informed me that a lot of TV cards are just not up to the task of importing at full screen MPEG2. I am now on the lookout for a better card, but each one has different res settings, some internal, some external USB. I don't know what I should be looking for and I am now totally confused. Can anyone recommend something or at least let me know what resolution, settings, etc I should be looking for in a card?

SEASHANTY 16:25 16 Jan 05

If they are VHS videos then the easiest way to transfer to DVD is to use a home DVD recorder. Then all you need is a scart lead to connect the VCR and DVD recorder. The transfer is in real time - i.e. a 1 hour VHS tape to DVD takes just one hour to transfer (which is far quicker than you will achieve on a PC) and the results will be excellent.

absent 16:46 16 Jan 05

I captured all my family VHS videos using a PC system slightly less powerful than yours and a Belkin USB2 capture device, then used Ulead Video Studio to edit them. I am very pleased with the results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…