Convert Turnpike email to OE or Windows Mail

linden 17:46 08 Nov 10

I use Turnpike from Demon for all my many emails and addresses on XP. Now I plan soon to have a new system with Windows 7-64 bit. The Turnpike program will not work on this. I understand that I need to convert my mails and addresses into Outlook Express which is on my XP machine. Then I can move them from OE to Windows Mail.
But has anyone any idea or experience of converting Turnpike emails and address book to OE.

Any help would be appreciated.

johndrew 19:59 08 Nov 10

If you install OE and open it, go to 'File/Import' and select the elements to be imported one by one.

linden 21:15 08 Nov 10

Thanks JohnDrew but this does not work with Turnpike format.

Address book is not recognised - some result if Turnpike addresses exported as .txt file but fields are truncated after being mapped. Perhaps a lot of manipulation with Excel might improve the file. ... but for a hundred plus addresses!

Mail just does not come down at all. There are no options in the OE file import that can recognise any form in the Turnpike mail. I just get error messages such as " no file in this folder" I hope there might be a conversion program but it is not possible to see individual Turnpile mails.

Perhaps someone has used Turnpike and carried out exports of its messages....?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…