convert .swf / .exe files to play on DVD ?

Blott 10:46 15 Jul 06

As part of the teching material we use come some short "animations" , each about 1 minute long.
These are on the taching CD and are provided in two formats - as .exe files and as .swf files.

I can play the .exe files on my computer, but for some reason Windows Media Player will not play the .swf files, as it tells me my security settings are wrong ???

However, the animations are excellent, and very useful, but we have a problem.
With the number of youngsters we have, the animations are not all that effective when played on an ordinary monitor - even the 15" is really too small. At the time we use them the church's data projector is in use elsewhere and we cannot afford to purchase one just for our small group.

Ideally we would want to play these off a DVD by an ordinary television set. However, the providers tell that at the moment it would not be cost-effective to produce these on DVD.

As a not very satisfactory measure, I am recording these from the computer screen onto a video camera DVD and playing the result, but especially in terms of colour I loose a lot of the effect.

Is there any way I could get either of these file formats into a DVD format to burn on to a disc ?

I have Nero, Windows Movie Maker, Power DVD and Windows Media Player.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
to all,
Blott

Joe R 10:57 15 Jul 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017