Convert a scan back into a Word Document??

Sparkly 16:33 29 Jun 09

Hi all i have just had a phone call from a friend who needs to edit some invoices that his wife had written in word, she later scaned them in to a folder and then saved, but she saved them as a jpeg rather than a document and they now need to edit some of the info on them but the scan keeps opening up in thier photo editing software rather than word. Is there a way to open the scan and edit in word? do they have to be converted and if so what software is needed. Thanks in advance.

woodchip 16:39 29 Jun 09

It as to be run through as OCR program to change it from a Image back to Text

OCR Optical character Recognition

Sparkly 16:47 29 Jun 09

Hi woodchip thanks i did think that was the answer but was unsure can you suggest a good free OCR Programe?
Thanks for the reply.

woodchip 16:52 29 Jun 09

no nothing about free ones, the ones I use are payed for versions click here=

Sparkly 17:08 29 Jun 09

Thanks woodchip just had a word with them to ask if they had the software that came with the printer but they did not know where the discs are i know thier PC is a Dell 4550 i have a dell Rrivers and utilitys disc with my old printer a Dell A920 with Abbey FineReader 5 Sprint just wondering if it would allow me to install it??

woodchip 17:12 29 Jun 09

Yes that will do. Do not load the Drive, Put disc in computer and hold shift key down to stop it loading, untill CD drive light stops flashing then press Win key plus E key to open Explorer brows the CD for fine reader Run the Setup program in the Folder

Sparkly 17:16 29 Jun 09

Nice one thanks woodchip for the great help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…