Convert .pub to .pdf or similar

wee eddie 11:20 26 Jul 07

I have created a Newsletter using Publisher.

What is the best/cheapest way to turn it into a .pdf File?

Or some-other format that cannot be amended by a third party

Jake_027 11:53 26 Jul 07
  Taff™ 13:17 26 Jul 07

Recommended by many on this forum click here

scales 13:53 26 Jul 07

pdfonline can turn .pub into .pdf files. You send the file in and they e-mail you the file back. It's free and only takes a minute or so. click here

beynac 13:53 26 Jul 07

I've got PrimoPDF (see Taff's link). I just 'printed' a Publisher 97 file using it and it converted it perfectly.

Woolwell 14:28 26 Jul 07

Bookmarked

UncleP 16:20 26 Jul 07

There is an assumption in your initial post that pdf files cannot be modified by a third party. Unless a higher level of security has been set when the pdf file was generated, it is a relatively simple matter to read it into a word processor or DTP program, change the content and re-issue it under the same (pdf file) name. In this respect an ordinary pdf file is no more secure than any other file type.

If my memory serves me right - and I stress that I have only rarely used any of these features - the security settings include

:password protection, to prevent unauthorised viewing of the content,
:printing lock, to stop paper copies being made,
:content lock, to ensure that sections of the content cannot be copied or changed,
:master password, to prevent the security settings from being over-ridden.

If any of these are important to you, the simplest solution might be to switch to a modern DTP program with pdf output and security settings built in. This needn't be expensive - the later versions of Serif PagePlus, for example, contain these features and may be obtained for £10-£40.

I think the Adobe website contains the specs of the pdf standard.

wee eddie 19:17 26 Jul 07

I had not considered the Method of hanging or Controls that UncleP mentioned. I just did not want to send our a raw Publisher file which many of the Recipients would have been unable to read.

I shall now have to consider how the Data Protection Act will affect the sheet, as many of the Recipients as well as Subjects, will have been or are, Patients.

wee eddie 19:18 26 Jul 07

Methinks I'm loosing my marbles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…