Convert PDF files, so that the selfdestruct

daisy2bell 19:48 27 May 06

I downloaded a fee utiliy, that converts PDF files so that they self destruct after a date which can be set.This part works fine, but
Unfortunatly the files cannot be printed out unless one pays $299, which seems very steep.
I need to be able to send files to people for them to print out (which I own the copyright), but want the files to self destruct after a set time so that they cannot be passed on to other people.
Any ideas please

VoG II 20:04 27 May 06

click here may be used to restore printing.

click here may also work.

€dstowe 20:19 27 May 06

A fundamental flaw in this is that the printouts won't self destruct. which seems to me to defeat the object. It would be easy for the printed the file to scanned and re-converted into PDF or OCR'd.

VoG II 20:23 27 May 06

Crikey, €dstowe, I hadn't thought this through. I don't suppose daisy2bell had either.

daisy2bell 19:06 28 May 06

I hadn't realised that,thanks for pointing this out

scotty 20:23 28 May 06

Also, there are a variety of printer drivers available which, instead of printing, create a pdf of the file! Back to square one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…