Convert Nero "ncd" to "jpeg"

thicasabrick 15:04 27 Feb 05

Hi, I have designed some Dvd covers using Nero cover designer. These covers are saved as ncd format,(nero default) does anyone know of any free software that would enable me to convert these ncd's to jpeg's so that I can open them in my photo software to be able to edit them. Thanks in advance for any help.

ACOLYTE 15:08 27 Feb 05

Can you not resave them as Jpeg in nero?
If not Ifranview should be able to save them as jpeg,but the site seems to be down.So maybe click here.

thicasabrick 15:16 27 Feb 05

ACOLYTE
when I saved these covers in Nero I saved them as "all files" but they are not recognised by my photo editing software (Arcsoft Photosuite)

ACOLYTE 15:22 27 Feb 05

Most probablly Arcsoft doesnt support the "ncd" file extension what you could try is right click the file and rename it with the .jpg extension after the filename then see if arcsoft see's the file,you can always change it back if it doesnt work.Or better still copy and paste the file somwhere else and try on the copy that way you still have the original.

rawprawn 15:31 27 Feb 05

Try this right click on the file / Properties at the top it will show Nero icon click Change / change to jpeg

Gongoozler 15:33 27 Feb 05

Saving as "all files" is no good, and neither is renaming a file that has been saved as the wrong file type. If Nero can save as bmp, wmf or any of the more common graphics types, then you can use it in a graphics editor, but the important thing is that it has to be saved in the correct format. Changing the extension doesn't help with this at all. If Arcsoft has a masking tool, then another option is to copy the picture to the clipboard by making it take as much of the screen as possible and then pressing the Print Screen key. Then in the graphics editing program paste the saved picture of the screen. Finally mask to the part of the image you want and save as jpg.

My preferred option is to create cd/dvd covers directly in a proper graphics editor that can save in a recognised format.

rawprawn 15:34 27 Feb 05

Sorry, click the Change Button and choose your Arcsoft Photosuite to open them.

ACOLYTE 15:35 27 Feb 05

Hmm, i have changed file extension on image files before and as long as you have software that can open the file type it should work,well it has for me.

thicasabrick 15:50 27 Feb 05

Tried all of the above (except Gongoozler's suggestion) none work. Anymore suggestions please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…