Convert a magazine to PDF for distribution on CD

Pusherman 06:44 AM 15 May 06

I have a friend who is the editor of a magazine and he has asked me about converting past issues to pdf file and burning them to CD and selling them, In the same way that PCAdvisor compile and sell their issue archive. My question is, how do PCAdvisor convert their magazine to PDF and compile them to CD for distribution?

I hope that I'm not asking for any trade secrets to be revealed ;)

Any and all help appreciated.

Taff™ 06:52 AM 15 May 06

What format is the current magazine in? Wordperhaps? There are several free pdf converters. For our society newsletters I use click here

It should be fairly easy to create a CD with foldes for the newsletters. Try to name he files in a logical format so that they appear in chronological order though For example "200601 Jan 06" "200602 Feb 06" etc

Pusherman 13:31 PM 15 May 06

I thought about scanning in each page but in order for the image to be viewable on screen the resolution needed to be far too big. Then I looked at one of the issue archives of PCA and noticed that one pdf document for each page was tiny in comparison. I just wondered how they did it.

I'll try and find out format their source document is in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…