Convert language tapes to mp3

fazza8 14:25 09 Nov 05

I am a teacher and I have lots of French and Spanish listening material on cassette. Can anyone point me in the right direction for converting it to mp3 or similar so that I can play it from my computer through the speakers in my classroom?

Yours gratefully

SANTOS7 14:30 09 Nov 05

click here
this may help ,although it only a free trial, the links go into detail on how to setup tape to PC, good luck...

fazza8 16:37 09 Nov 05

Thanks Santos7. I have downloaded it. If it's any good I'll buy it. Do you know where the input for the sound card might be? On the front of my Medion computer I have 4 input/outputs: the green will be speakers, the red is microphone but I have a blue one and a yellow one that says "component". Might it be one of the last two?

€dstowe 16:42 09 Nov 05

The blue socket is the line in - for the output from your tape machine.

jack 17:06 09 Nov 05

To get the output from cassette into the PC
you will need a 3mm double ended line.
Take a look at the normal earphone for a walkman with its jack.
What you need is similar but instead of phones on one end there is another jack- Most Hi Fi shops
or Maplins or try kvcables @
costs about a pound.
This will connect the earphone socket on the player to the line in port on the sound card.
Windows Media player will import them.
They will need to be converted to MP3 by dbPower AMP Music Converter. Appears frquently for free on PCA Cover disks - or do a Google for a frree download.

amonra 17:13 09 Nov 05

I use a program by "Polderbits", not very expensive and extremely easy to use.(Download on line about 800KB) You can record, edit, change from MP3 to various, I've been very satisfied.

fazza8 19:30 09 Nov 05

Wow! Thanks for all the help. I should be able to do it with no problem now.

Very grateful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…