Convert .doc to .jpg

dogbreath1 14:50 24 Apr 08

Looking for a free utility to convert .doc's to .jpg's.

I've Googled a few but I'd appreciate a reccie off one of you guys who's used this type of thing.

TIA,

db.

bretsky 19:20 24 Apr 08

Ummm, yes I've googled and they seem to be trial programs, does your word app have a pdf Creator built in such as OpenOffice-writer and if you use this click here you can export to .jpg and more. I don't know whether adobe reader has this option.

bretsky ;0)

VoG II 19:23 24 Apr 08
  dogbreath1 15:57 25 Apr 08

Thanks for the replies. MS Paint is the way I wanted to go and I had already seen the post in your link, VoG™. Unfortunately, my one page Word doc appears in Paint with a narrow strip missing down the right hand side. No option is given to view the whole page. Any more ideas, please?

dogbreath1 16:06 25 Apr 08

Using PDF Creator to export in .jpg format works well, thanks. Didn't realise that was possible. There's a slight quality issue with the finished image but I can live with that. Cheers.

bretsky 18:25 25 Apr 08

Have you tried adjusting the JPEG quality option when exporting your pdf (in the pdf Xchange viewer)-bearing in mind the higher the quality, the bigger the file.

bretsky ;0)

dogbreath1 20:38 25 Apr 08

I'll try tweaking it and post back with the results. Thanks.

Technotiger 21:45 25 Apr 08

Open your doc, then Capture with this

click here

which will automatically and instantly, save the doc as a jpg in your My Pictures folder, with no further action by yourself.

dogbreath1 08:45 28 Apr 08

I've tried FastStone and it's very good. I've saved a screen capture in .png format which results in a bigger file but better quality image.

The arrow and annotation features will also prove very useful.

S0, thanks for the heads up. I'll be using this from now on.

I would still like to hear from anyone who has used software to convert .doc's to .jpg's (or .png's) as regards the quality of the saved image file.

Technotiger 09:10 28 Apr 08

I am not surprised that you like FastStone, I think it is brilliant.

Here is another good program which I also think is brilliant. Totally free, as I got it from a Computer Buyer Magazine July 2001 cover-disk. It is PicaView32, available in Google, once downloaded you can Register it for the Full version by following the instructions given in the magazine - i.e.

Registration name = ACD DENNIS
Registration No. = 697654457

exactly as shown.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…