Convert to composite port

brindly 19:55 PM 08 Jul 11

I have a SONY VAIO desk top VGC V2S all in one but having problems with the local IT people: see consumer watch Who can you trust. I am thinking of upgrading to the later model VPC13 that is being offered for £749 plus £50 for a TV card. The only problem is that this model doesn't have the composite ports that I need because i use it to play/record films/TV/VCR and DVD player to keep for myself. Anyone know if it is possible to adapt a USB to composite output.

brindly 07:50 AM 09 Jul 11

Perhaps i should clarify how i set up the way i use my computer to play/record/video/dvd through the composite port. I a have scart connector with the composite connection on the other side. The scart is connected to the digital freeview box that gives me TV and with the inbuilt TV card i am able to record to the hard drive. If I want to play and record a DVD/video i put the scart in to the back of the vcr/dvd player, put the TV on channel 10 and that plays/records to the hard disc. I would then use Pinnicle to edit and put it on a disc. As far as my research goes the new Sony Vaio doesn't have this composite port, i would only be able to record tv so i need an alternative.I have used this system for about 4 years and have put all my old videos on dvd and copied some of my favorite TV programs and films to keep.

brindly 11:45 AM 10 Jul 11

Sorry no one could come up with an answer, never mind i have my old computer back and it is almost all working as it should.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone