Convert .bmp files to .jpg

iscanut 19:19 31 Oct 06

Am scanning hundreds of slides, one at a time, into My Pictures. My scanner software will only save them as bmp files which are very memory hungry compared to jpg files. I have to save them into Photoshop Elements, convert to jpg and then resave. VERY labororious. Does anyone know if there is a program that will convert multiple files from bmp to jpg in one fell swoop to save me still being here at Christmas doing one at a time.

anskyber 19:23 31 Oct 06

I have not used this but this could do the job for you. click here

skidzy 19:25 31 Oct 06

Hi Nuts,like most good converters,you normally have to pay something im afraid.Here is a trial version,but to convert in batches you need the full package and updated version click here hope this helps.
Im sure there are lots of free converters via Google,but to convert in batches,im guessing you will have to pay.

Hope this helps.

Z1100 19:27 31 Oct 06

click here

Hanx!
K.

iscanut 19:28 31 Oct 06

Looks as if this is the sort of thing I need. Have downloaded it and will play with it later. Wife kicking me off computer to talk to brother in Spain on Skype !! Thanks

iscanut 19:29 31 Oct 06

Kust seen other postings. Thank you both, will give them a try as well later.

Jak_1 19:34 31 Oct 06

This freebie does the job admirably, I use it to do folders full of pic files as batch. It takes about 15 seconds to convert 36 files. Irfanview.

click here

skidzy 19:47 31 Oct 06

silly me Jak,totally forgot about Irfanview,have not use it recently though.Normally this would be first on my list.Thanks for pointing it out Jak.

iscanut 22:29 31 Oct 06

Thanks all.. will try out these..just what I needed.

dogbreath1 08:28 01 Nov 06

As per Jak_1 and skidzy, Irfanview is the one. On installation, though, I would only let it associate itself with the file types you intend converting.

It's amazing what you can launch in Irfanview! These include most video and audio formats...and there are better free programs out there in this respect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac