convert audio to mp3

VNAM75 16:03 31 Mar 08

Anyone know of any free software which can capture the audio from the computer (media player, quick time, real player, youtube etc) and convert it into mp3s so I can put them onto a cd. I want to make a music cd compilation of movie theme songs.

alB 16:40 31 Mar 08

Audacity will do it for you ...click here but you will have to download and install the LAME mp3 encoder file as well (see FAQ's) ...alB

eedcam 18:19 31 Mar 08

Not sure if audacity will capture you might need to download and save first

Guady 18:33 31 Mar 08

Have a look at this website- click here
- you can download the program for free and then anything you can play on your PC you can turn into an MP3 file. I have used it and it worked well - but obviously you have to allow the music or whatever to play in "real time" so it can take a while.
Not certain this is what you want but hope it might help.

oldjohn 18:48 31 Mar 08

I use "Switch" - click here
It's a free prog, very fast & easy to use,+ super quality. It will also download track/album names all for FREE.

oldjohn 18:58 31 Mar 08

PS When you find the site, look for the "free download" about halfway down the page. at first sight it looks as though you have to buy it but you can download the "CD/file to Mp3.part for free.

VNAM75 21:18 31 Mar 08

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried them and decided to go for Guady's link. Very impressive piece of software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now