Conversion between PDF and major software

Diemmess 13:39 31 Mar 15

Revamping my PC now using Win 7. Some smaller programs are missing.

The opportunity to "Print to PDF" was often used for passing magazine copy or images being converted at the command when the printer is selected normally. The programmes used are Word 2007, and anything less which can be saved > Corel Draw and Photopaint

The conversion is quick and easy, No special software apparent. Can anyone who uses this type of approach to have free software and what name ?

Diemmess 11:27 01 Apr 15

Can anyone please recommend a simple PDF converter?

lotvic 12:19 01 Apr 15

Not quite sure of how you are doing it - is this a scan to pdf on your printer? if so then a free program would have come with the software for your printer.

If you use Word 2007, open your .docx and choose 'Save As' and on the menu it has PDF

otherwise you need to install a (free) 'pdf printer' ClickHere for how this works etc so you can save a different type of file via 'Print to .pdf' and end up with a .pdf file

Diemmess 17:27 01 Apr 15

You have guessed correctly for the whole game.

From pithering around I have had much too much experience of the wrong kind and your advice ought to level all that and give me a home run at last.

Thank you again lotvic

lotvic 17:40 01 Apr 15

Thank you, glad I'm not completely past it :) even thought I'm on the slippery slope and have my 'senior moments'

lotvic 17:41 01 Apr 15

err, that should be 'though' not 'thought'. Knew it was too good to last ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…