Controllers Mass Storage & Multimedia

Scubaman 18:55 11 Oct 04

Hi,
I have noticed that in the device manager I have a multimedia and a mass storage contoller that have no drivers installed. I am running XP but no drivers can be found. My mainboard is an EP-8KTA3PRO. My system is running ok, so I haven't a clue what they are for. The Multimedia has no make and is shown as 'PCI Slot 5 (PCI Bus 0, Device 12, function 0)' and the Mass storage controller is shown as UNSUP make, 'PCI Slot 7 (PCI Bus 0, Deivce 14, function 0)' I only have 6 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot, and 1 ISA slot.
Both say The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).
Any ideas?
Allan

badger23 22:38 11 Oct 04

Basically i would say if it isn't broke don't fix it. Did you but the pc new or 2nd user? The mobo features you mention may be expansion capability, remaining trace evidence of previously installed hardware, or you may need to rollback or re-install drivers req'd to gain more functionality from the mobo. If the pc is doing what you want it to do, just leave it. If you want to experiment, do a full system restore point BEFORE you make any changes within Device Manager or System Tools. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…