Control startup programs

Gary Wood 09:59 31 Jul 07

I vaguely remember reading an article in PCA during the last year which mentioned a utility that let you control the order programs load automatically on startup.

The article explained that doing this, and setting them to load sequentially can speed up the computer since they're not all fighting to start at once.

Unfortunately, I can't find the article. Does anyone else remember it and can you tell me the link to the software, please?

Thanks,

Gary

Stuartli 10:09 31 Jul 07

Just type msconfig into the Run box.

Click on the Startup tab to make changes to the startup programs, applications etc.

You will need to reboot for them to take effect, but that happens in any case after you have switched off.

Stuartli 10:12 31 Jul 07

Or see:

click here

Gary Wood 10:25 31 Jul 07

Stuartli,

Many thanks for your replies. However, I have already used msconfig to disable unecessary startup items. What I now want to do is to control the order in which the remaining, required, ones load up.

The article I was referring to explained how to do this and suggested that it could speed up system startup because not all the programs are trying to load at once.

Does anyone else remember it?

Gary

Probabilitydrive 10:30 31 Jul 07

click here by
or click here
any chance??

Belatucadrus 11:43 31 Jul 07
  Stuartli 13:25 31 Jul 07

Some of the utilities in the link I provided allowed changing the startup routine - I realised I had not read your thread properly re controlling the startup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant