control pannel icon missing

laurie_datlen 14:11 12 Jun 03

i instaled cybersitter and disabled acces to the registry and internet options in the control pannel. Then it annoyed me to much so i uninstalled cybersitter and when i run regedit it says this has been disabled due to restriction by the adminstrator and also the internet options are missing how can i get these back.

thanx

keith-236785 15:47 12 Jun 03

Totally reverse what you have done so far

re install cybersitter, re-enable access to the registry and internet options

once you have checked you can get into the registry again, then you can safely uninstall cybersitter again......

if this doesnt work, post back

good luck

laurie_datlen 18:50 15 Jun 03

i did that but it did not work it still says "the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Pleae contect you system administrator"

powerless 18:58 15 Jun 03

Hmm...

When the computer is starting keep tapping the F8 key and choose safe mode.

See if you can get into regedit from here and remove the cybersitter entries.

Backup the registry first.

The internet options when you can get into the registry if the above works. Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

Double click NoBrowserOptions and set the value data to 1

Also what operating system are you using?

laurie_datlen 19:09 15 Jun 03

i am using windows me

powerless 19:13 15 Jun 03

Correction to the above set the value data on nobrowseroptions to 0.

I have never been near Windows ME but i'm sure it has a system restore. Couldnt you try a system restore?

keith-236785 20:33 15 Jun 03

ME does indeed have system restore but it is notoriously unreliable, in my experience it was only good for 1 month then it went belly up.

not much good really but well worth a try.

laurie_datlen 13:29 16 Jun 03

i cnt acces the registry in safe mode or normal and system restore is no good it just says cannot restore to this time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…