Control panel shows as a menu how to change

six-h 19:13 25 Jul 10

I want to revert to the usual "window" view.
I can only access it at present by right clicking CP in the all progs list and selecting "Open".
I want it to show that way "from the off" as it were!

woodchip 19:20 25 Jul 10

Right click on blank Space after opening then Properties and choose view

Technotiger 19:22 25 Jul 10

When showing in normal view, right-click on the last icon in the Menu bar, then choose your type of view.

At least that is how it is in XP.

six-h 19:50 25 Jul 10

Nope!
That dont work.
maybe I'm not explaining very well.
(This is in XP)
When you click "Start", up comes the programs window.
on the left are "Pinned" items, below that are recently used programs, and on the right hand side are the shortcuts to the "My" folders.
below these sits the offending item with the label "Control Panel".
I'm used to left clicking this and Control Panel opening in it's own window.
Not on this machine!
The Control Panel entry in the list has a small blue right pointing triangular arrow indicating that a list will appear when the mouse is hovered over it.
I don't want that to happen.
I want to click on "Control panel" and it to open in it's own window, which is what I am used to as "normal" behaviour!
Any ideas how to achieve that :)

JBRKilluh 19:52 25 Jul 10

just click on it ¬¬

johnnyrocker 19:53 25 Jul 10

have you tried switching to classic view which may work ok?

johnny

Sea Urchin 20:05 25 Jul 10

small blue right pointing triangular arrow indicating that a list will appear when the mouse is hovered over it.

What items are on the list?

woodchip 20:19 25 Jul 10

try this right click on task bar properties, then try running in classic stile, you may be able to change control panel view by double click on the folder view in control panel

six-h 20:40 25 Jul 10

Sea Urchin:
all the contents of what you would expect to see inside the control panel window!

And the prize goes to woodchip!
Right click Task Bar, click properties, select start menu and choose "Classic Start Menu".
Job done!
Thanks woodchip

six-h 20:42 25 Jul 10

Sorry, it's a tie...woodchip and johnnyrocker.
Thanks!

Sea Urchin 21:11 25 Jul 10

The reason I asked that is because you don't have to change to the Classic Start menu. As above go to properties, select start menu and then against start menu click Customize. On Advanced tab against Control Panel select Display as a Link and click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…