Control panel settings

CurlyWhirly 20:50 02 Nov 04

Hi. I have heard somewhere that it is possible to get a list of everything in CONTROL PANEL from the SETTINGS menu in a similar way to when you get a list of installed programs in PROGRAMS from the START MENU.
Does anyone know how to do this?

To clarify, I would like my CONTROL PANEL to be displayed in a list in the same way as I get a list of programs from START > PROGRAMS

Is ths possible?

Salinger 20:57 02 Nov 04

If using XP, open Control Panel then use the Toggle to switch to Classic View (upper left) or is this not what you are after?

kyprosman 20:57 02 Nov 04

in xp, right click taskbar choose properties, start menu tab, then customize tab,
then advance tab then in the start menus you'll see your options there.

marjted 21:03 02 Nov 04

Or again are you just needing to choose the VIEW option from the icon towards the right at the top, adjacent to the DELETE X by default as I open it up?

CurlyWhirly 21:08 02 Nov 04

I can remember going over my friends house and when I clicked START > SETTINGS and then moved my cursor over the CONTROL PANEL icon a list of it's contents were displayed like in the case of START > PROGRAMS where you only need to hover over the PROGRAMS icon for a list to be displayed on screen!

It doesn't matter as it is no big deal but it is a pity that I can't customize XP to the way that I want it!

iambeavis 21:11 02 Nov 04

Right click task bar\properties\start menu\customise\advanced\control panel\display as a menu.

CurlyWhirly 21:11 02 Nov 04

I am nearly there. I will just right-click on CONTROL PANEL icon and choose either open or explore which is almost what I was after.

iambeavis 21:13 02 Nov 04

Sorry - got it wrong it's right click start button.

CurlyWhirly 21:20 02 Nov 04

Thanks. That worked but I was hoping to do it in the classic start menu.

CurlyWhirly 21:23 02 Nov 04

Sorry - got it wrong it's right click start button.

Yes that worked! You are a GENIUS

So it is right-click START icon > Properties > Expand Control Panel needs to be ticked.

Talking of ticked this thread IS resolved now.

iambeavis 21:25 02 Nov 04

Classic start menu\customise\expand control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced