control panel missing

scolley 20:56 29 Sep 07

Hi can any one point me in the right direction how to get my control back its gone from my start up section, also i can not access my computer properties, keep geting message please contact your system administrator.
Scolley

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 29 Sep 07

You can't delete the control panel.
Right click on Start and select properties. Go to the second tab called 'Start Menu' and select 'Customize'

You will get a new screen. Go to the second tab called 'Advanced'.
You will see a list with a few entries in it. The first is the Control Panel. Check the first radio button to have it displayed as an item in your start menu.
The second radio button displays it as a menu and the third makes it so it doesn't show up on your start menu (probably what it's at now).

scolley 21:38 29 Sep 07

Hi Fruit bat cant find that when i do that mine says open submenues when i pause on with my mouse, next one says highlight installed programs , then so on down,

Start menu items
my computer
my documents
my music
my pictures
network connections
system administrative tools
but no con trol panel, ?

Eric10 22:06 29 Sep 07

This won't put it back on the Start Menu but you should find Control Panel by double-clicking My Computer and looking under "Other Places" on the left.

scolley 22:21 29 Sep 07

Eric10
No i am affraid its not there either add and remove prgrams is but if i cliclk on it im getting the same as if i click on my computer properties which is a message saying,

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator,? dont know what or where this is either does any one and what does it mean, cheers
Scolley

Graham. 22:43 29 Sep 07

You may not be logged on as Administrator. Try Start, Log Off, see what options you get.

scolley 22:55 29 Sep 07

Graham it takes me back to where you put your pass word in to open the PC, just as when you first switch on, i am the onlt addministrator on here my other switch user is just a guest and as no addministrative use,
Scolley

Eric10 23:06 29 Sep 07

Can you run it from Start, Run and typing control.exe?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:09 29 Sep 07
  scolley 23:10 29 Sep 07

Eric10 no just tried it and get the same message as above about being cancelled, its driving me round the bend been on here now 9 hours and still no where, does any one think doing a new xp edition install will solve it, or is that to drastic?

scolley 00:43 30 Sep 07

Fruit Bat
Tried some of those and tried safe mode to see if it is ni there but no, its not how can the control panel just dissapear in to thin air, there must be a solution some how, ?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos