control panel gone missing

ole1999 10:16 29 Jul 05

Hello

From my start menu a few things have gone missing, control panel, run menu etc, i can't seem to find the control panel anywhere, i don't seem to be able to find them anywhere when i try and customize also.

Any help appreciated

Cuddles 10:30 29 Jul 05

What os are you running?

ole1999 10:31 29 Jul 05

hello, xp

recap 10:34 29 Jul 05

In the Administrators account check that the security policy has not be enabled for the control panel.

ole1999 10:38 29 Jul 05

sorry, but how do i go about that, cheers

BEN MARSHALL 10:44 29 Jul 05

Bring Back The Control Pannle:

Right click on a blank space on your desktop and click New > Shortcut > type "control" > Name it "Control Pannle" and click finish > now right click it and click > properties > Shortcut > Change icon > Select the icon for control pannle and ok > Apply > Ok.

Now Drag that shortcut from your Desktop to the start menu. might be in a different place but still it there and handy!

Run: Click And hold on your keyboard Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Till the task manager is displayed: Select Aplications > At the bottem there is a button that says New Task (This is the equivalent of the run button)

Anything else missing? PS. this will only work in Windows XP!

Please provide more info about your machien. It may be easier if your on ME or XP to do a System Restore to before this probblem occured! none of your documents will be deleted only aplications. This may have been caused by spyware download Adaware SE click here and run a scan

ole1999 11:03 29 Jul 05

Ben

Thanks for all that info, i actualy did the system restore first, and its fine now.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac