Control panel access

TN 19:48 22 Nov 07

I have just finished re-installing everything on my computer after a Hard Disk calamity! I am running Windows XP Home and after installing several programmes I needed to get into the Control Panel to complete my installation. All was well until this evening when I went back into control panel - I can get all the sections in Control Panel but I cannot access any sub menu in the User section! For instance I can go the the Users page but camnnot add new user, change user etc., What I have showing is:
Change an Account
Create a new account
Change my picture
and under that is:
Mail User Accounts.
I cannot remember but I thought that the accounts on the computer were shown on this screen but I cannot get into any of the above! I must be doing something stupid but any help would be greatly appreciated as I've had 3 days on re-installing and am ready for the gas oven!!

DieSse 21:55 22 Nov 07

You select "Create a new Account" if you want to add a user. If it doesn't open I would think you're not logged on as Administrator.

TN 22:04 22 Nov 07

Hi DieSse - That is the problem - I cannot open anything to create a new account and therefore cannot log myself on as an administrator, which should have happened automatically when I re-installed XP: Just where do I go from here without having to completely re-install everything again?

VoG II 22:11 22 Nov 07

Restart in Safe Mode - this will (should) give you the option to log in as Administrator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…