Control Panel

bikerbob 15:46 30 Apr 08

In the Add/Remove Programmes in the control panel I am only displaying 15 programmes when in fact I must have over 50 programmes installed on this computer running Windows XP Pro and very high spec computer. Can anyone advise how to get my programmes back into this folder so that I can then add or remove them?
Many thanks
Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:09 30 Apr 08

The only programs listed in Add /Remove are those installed using a Microsoft installer.

Some programs will not even make registry entries and can therefore just be "deleted"

Ditch999 16:29 30 Apr 08

Your Uninstall registry key has been modified. This happened to me and it also removed the option to Remove or Repair any of the programmes that were listed. And it was installing ATI and creating a secure zone that did it. But 3 days later I got them back (System restore also refused to work to a date prior to installing ATI!)

birdface 16:46 30 Apr 08

I don't suppose ticking show updates will help.

Technotiger 17:22 30 Apr 08

This is a much better option than ControlPanel>Add/Remove and very much more thorough ... click here

mfletch 17:26 30 Apr 08

Or use Ccleaners uninstall option,

click here

bikerbob 18:01 30 Apr 08

Thanks everyone for your input. I also use revo uninstaller and there were only the same programmes in there as well. did`nt give ccleaner a look although I have it installed. I reverted to a backup using windowsrescuexp which I have installed and all the programmes appeared again as they should. By the way none of the links worked when I tried them!
Thanks very much

Technotiger 18:05 30 Apr 08

Thanks for the feedback - surprised though that none of the links worked for you - they both worked OK for me on XP Home (SP3)

bikerbob 18:10 30 Apr 08

No links seem to be working for me at the moment but if I right click and save to computer it then works so get there in the end. something else going wrong for me today.
At the moment since going back I can`t get rig of the microsoft runonce on the internet explorer even though I input my homepage designation. I click save settings and nothing happens. Any ideas?? thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…