Control pad issues on my laptop

Lana90 16:48 20 Mar 07

I have tried to change the settings, virus checks and tried various things to sort this out. The problem is that when ever i use my keyboard on my laptop the mouse seems to get a life of its own. it goes to the top left or bottom right of the screen. it is very frustrating. i have a mouse in the middle of my key board which sometimes work but often not. if u know can you please help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you x

johndrew 16:54 20 Mar 07

This appears to be a result of an oversensitive pad that reacts to your presence when you type. There was a similar post I read recently on this site.

Some manufacturers allow you to disable the pad if you are using a mouse; if you`re not then I don`t know what the answer is unless you change your typing technique. Unless there is a control somewhere in Control Panel for it; look in your laptop manual (usually installed) and search under `touchpad` you may be lucky.

Taff™ 16:55 20 Mar 07

Sounds like you need to reinstall the drivers. Operating System & Make and Model? It should be possible to delete them from Device Manager and then reboot to allow Windows to reinstall them - worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…