Control over internet access on home network system

Munchkin 21:11 21 May 14

My household has the following items, all of which can access the internet by my wireless modem/router: three laptops, three smart phones, and an iPad. I would like, if possible, to restrict internet access to specific times for one or more of these items. Is there any way I can do this?

onthelimit1 22:12 21 May 14

Most IPs now provide family protection through their routers, but I believe it's all or nothing, and individual computers can not be configured. There is paid for software available. Have a look at K9 as an example

Secret-Squirrel 11:42 22 May 14

Munchkin, a lot of routers can do what you want although it can be a tad fiddly and complicated to configure. Login to your router and look for a "parental control" or "schedule" section and hopefully it'll have an option to restrict access. If it does then you'll need the device's MAC address to setup any rules on a per-device basis.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:09 22 May 14

All Bt home hubs will do this, what make and model of router do you have?

Munchkin 21:25 23 May 14

I have a BT Infinity Home Hub 2.0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 23 May 14
  onthelimit1 08:47 24 May 14

Thanks FB - I didn't know that that facility existed. I know of a number of parents who will be keen to learn about it too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…