Continuous McAfee V8 Update Crashes - Help!

mint lotus 22:03 06 Dec 04

Can anyone help? I use Windows 98SE fully updated. For many weeks V8 auto update crashed my PC as it finished. This results in ScanDisk running. The start-up sequence begins but never completes. It loops. The only way to stop the loop is to go into Safe Mode at start-up, then shut down. Re-starting in normal mode afterwards is then OK. I changed the SecurityCenter to manual update so I could update when all applications are closed, in my time. This makes no difference as the PC always crashes on clicking "Finish"; then the ScanDisk cycle starts up (without looping). I am in touch with McAfee and they asked me to completely remove V8 and re-install, using tools that they sent to be used with Add/Remove Programmes. Again, this makes no difference. These crashes are killing my HDD and I now have a bad sector. McA promise early resolution. Has anyone got any ideas and has anyone experienced the same problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…