Continuous ink system vs refillable cartridges

thewasp 17:13 30 Sep 07

As I do quite a lot of printing I was thinking getting either a CIS sytem or refillable cartridges for my Epson printer.

What's best?

What ink should I use?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:58 30 Sep 07

I use ciss for ny Epson R300 and would never go back to cartridges. I have used ink from 3 different suppliers and it all looks the same to me. Ebay is the way forward.....click here

G

pj123 17:59 30 Sep 07

Well, what is your Epson Printer?

Is there a CIS system available for it?

thewasp 18:03 30 Sep 07

Epson DX5000

Seen both types on ebay at reasonable cost, just wondered what the pros and cons were.

€dstowe 18:05 30 Sep 07

Go for it - CISS every time.

pj123 13:19 01 Oct 07

I have two Epson R220s and both are fitted with a CISS.

Also both have been modified to take the waste ink out to an external container, so the waste ink pads do not become blocked up and stop the printer from working.

jack 14:03 01 Oct 07

pj123 says 'Also both have been modified to take the waste ink out to an external container, so the waste ink pads do not become blocked up and stop the printer from working.'
Me too plus the contents are available for the black
'pot' so long as the dilution is not allowed to get too much
waste nare a drop.

Bagsey 16:39 01 Oct 07

^

woodchip 16:45 01 Oct 07

Get my Carts from Hear don't think I could do better that £1.65 each
click here

thewasp 16:59 01 Oct 07

Last set of 4 carts I bought were £6 on ebay with 19ml of ink in each.

So what happens to the waste ink with normal cartridges? Is that an easy mod?

spuds 17:15 01 Oct 07

Interesting point about the waste removal modification. Any info or links available!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…