continuous beep from motherboard

>steve< 18:59 30 Aug 06

when i tried to boot up my pc all i get now is 1 long continous beep what does this mean it is a aopen mobo

SANTOS7 19:01 30 Aug 06

Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem

SANTOS7 19:03 30 Aug 06

First simple test would be to unplug keyboard reboot, go from there..

>steve< 19:20 30 Aug 06

tried unpluging the keyboard then i tried checking all the connections to the mobo then tried to reseat the memory sticks but i still have the same bleep.

woodchip 19:21 30 Aug 06

If you are getting sound then I would say that CPU and Mobo should be OK. that leaves Graphics and Memory

woodchip 19:24 30 Aug 06

Try removing all Hardware that is not needed to start the comp including remove power plugs from all drives to see if it will go to BIOS. Remove PCI modem and any other cards not needed. Then if it goes. Add one at a time Starting with Hard Drive

>steve< 19:24 30 Aug 06

i took the memory out and rebooted it without the memory in and still got the same bleep i have 3 sticks of memory if i take 2 out or swop them about will this help identify the problem.

SANTOS7 19:26 30 Aug 06

Sounds like your PSU then..

woodchip 19:29 30 Aug 06

As above remove things not needed. You need at least one stick of memory for it to go to BIOS and Graphics card

>steve< 19:30 30 Aug 06

i did think that but wasn't sure i cant find the manual so icant i.d. the bleeps how can i check the psu.---ps.is that the cpu?

>steve< 19:37 30 Aug 06

of course start from scratch but leave 1 stick of memory in.so if i still get the same bleep when i strip it down,then it can only be the cpu or mobo am i correct?if so do i have to replace both cpu and mobo?if so whitch first?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5