Continuous Backup

Liteman 14:10 28 Dec 10

I help to run an international photographic exhibition. The submitted images are projected in front of a panel of selectors who operate individual handheld scoring (number) keypads. These are fed through a single PC with bespoke scoring and collating software. We will be processing over 10,000 images over a three day period and needless to say we will need to backup the system at regular intervals. I am thinking of using Acronis True Image backup software set to continuous backup but am not sure how this will work with the files in question being continuously updated and whether the files will be instantly recoverable to a second PC in the event of a system failure. Is this the best route to take, or should I be looking at other products?

rawprawn 15:58 28 Dec 10

I think the fastest Acronis non stop backup can do, is to backup changes made to your computer every 5 minutes. That may not be suitable for your purpose. I don't know of any backup program that would be continual.

Liteman 17:07 28 Dec 10

5 minutes would be OK, especially if I could guarantee that would be the maximum (average would be 2.5 minutes by my reckoning).

rawprawn 17:14 28 Dec 10

well I think Acronis Non Stop is probably your best option. I have used it, and had no problems.
However I prefer simple backups for my useage,5 minutes is the default time between backup changes.

Liteman 17:31 01 Feb 11

Has anyone used MirrorFolder? I understand that it will mirror a fiolder to another disk (USB) in real time.

961 17:43 01 Feb 11

Try Genie Timeline

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now