Continual problem with intermittent email

cyberphobic 13:10 01 Sep 04

I have Pipex broadband with my own domain name. The company with whom this is registered provide a pop3 email account as part of the package. I have occasionally had problems with the email failing, but is now becoming a regular thing. I receive the following message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: '******', Server: 'mailgate.*****.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" When I contact them I am told that there is not a problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this - Google queries suggest that the settings are wrong but I never change them - the email just returns and starts working again.

cyberphobic 17:57 01 Sep 04

Refresh

pc moron 18:14 01 Sep 04

I don't know the exact answer, but have a read through this click here

cyberphobic 13:40 11 Sep 04

Thanks for that, after much faffing about (and I mean MUCH faffing about) I discovered that my AVG a/virus blocks ports 25 and 110 sometimes so just switching it off does the trick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…